Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
In practice since 2013.
Serving individuals located in California, Oregon, and Washington.
Hello, my name is Carlota!
I am a social justice advocate; a believer in science; a fierce and overly-obsessed dog mom to two wacky pups; an immigrant; and steadfast in my conviction that we have a fundamental obligation to help one another if we have the means and capacity to do so.
I embrace evidence-based and research-supported therapies, while also honoring the power of the therapeutic relationship and process. I am whole-heartedly with you on this journey. I know that coming to therapy is a profound undertaking. Introspection, change, and confronting avoidance are hard, and so I strive to provide a safe, authentic, and collaborative environment that honors your story, experience, and identity with compassion and without judgment; I strive to be worthy of bearing witness to your story.
- Trauma and PTSD
- Sexual trauma
- Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety and panic
- Grief and loss
- Interpersonal difficulties
- Life transitions
Training and Certifications
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) and Prolonged Exposure (PE) for PTSD
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Depression (IPT-D)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy (IPSRT) for Bipolar Disorder
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) for PTSD in children and teens
Washington University in St. Louis,
Brown School of Social Work
Master of Social Work (MSW)